Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yeah, Flowers Are Neat...but I Work On A Farm And Sometimes...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 5, 2002 16:18:19 UTC

Hi Jisbond
Flowers symbolize nice and it is welcome ...yet I was mowing tens of thousands of thistles (or more!) the past two days because they were almost flowering and that would create
huge numbers of windblown seeds. Perhaps that is
one of the problems with our language...

Your story is very interesting...it's wonderful.
I would say this to Yanniru if he had told the story. It seems very true and important.
I'm wondering if your daily actions are also probrammed
somewhat by your life-enhancing meditations

This is where I find an incomplete science of
personal meditation. Even if we are willing to spend the time, is there any meditation mode which truly empowers us to create good in the world? All the religions promise it, and most of them rely on antiquity. ("Pray the prayers of our ancestors, even though they make no reference to computers and overpopulation!")
Yet without becoming argumentive, we could examine each religion in turn to ask whether and why they have the rituals they do.

And in most cases, the answer is "tradition" not
"it's our very best understanding."

So I respect religions but am sometimes annoyed with them for increasing the error rates rather than gently improving conditions. I like the meditation for internal use. Do we have one which works for external use, and will not become
a hazardous "tradition" after a few uses?

Thank You for writing that story. It is very pertinent Inspiration... very functional in its general direction.

Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins