Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
YOU ALSO DON'T KNOW GOD!!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on July 4, 2002 17:42:12 UTC

"Aaron, if God is all-powerful, why did he design us with flaws?"

The whole universe, including us, was perfect in the beginning! It was only untill sin was introduced that we became imperfect.

"If he created us and can see the future, why will he punish us for flaws he created and foresaw?"

See above for "flaws he created". Yes he saw the possibility that we would disobey, but he also saw the possiblity that we would obey. This is what makes God so perfect: HE GIVES YOU A CHOICE. How could God to be God if he didn't do this?

"Why this roundabout method of creation?"

Roundabout??? How is a 6 days creation roundabout and a 10-15 BILLION YEAR creation not? It isn't! The 6 day is much more direct than the 10-15 billion year method. The very suggestion is laughable.

"I have to say, Aaron, that the more you post the more you remind me of the stereotypical fundamentalist: more interested in oversimplifying and caricaturing the other side than providing any actual arguments."

Oh please. Tell what are you doing now in this post? Ask me a question I will glady answer it. (Richard you geology questoins don't count. We all know I don't have the understanding. Please can I have some informational links. Thank you if you have already posted these in a post I have yet to see.)

This qoute shows blantant misuderstanding as usual:

"Consider the basic tenets of fundamentalism: the universe was created for man's sake, we are the most precious of God's creatures, God loves us infinitely, God will burn those who disagree with us, etc., etc."

The universe was created by God for God not for man sake. God was lonly so he created us in his universe in his image so we could relate to him, so that he could better be with us. We are the most precious because we were created prehaps for one of the few things God might call a need, companionship. Though he could exist with out it, so can we, but would you really wnat to? Poeple will not burn in hell for disagreement with US, but for disobeying him! WHICH IS A CHOICE!!!

"Does this not sound more like a spoiled, bratty child who wants everything to revolve around him than it does someone who genuinely respects and admires God?"

How can a belief centerd around a perfect Love be spoiled and bratty? Can somebody twist it? Yes. Have people? Yes. Does that make the religion twisted? NO!

"I can't tell with you, but most fundamentalists I've met don't worship God so much as the abase themselves and brown-nose."

say hello to the first who doesn't do that.

Here come a twisted quote of gross misunderstanding.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

(Epicurus)

Here is my qoute if one wants to use the words of other men.

Were it not good that evil things should also exist, the omnipotent God would most certainly not allow evil to be. It is just as easy for him not to allow what he does not will, as it is for him to do what he will.
-SAINT AUGUSTINE OF HIPPO

Evil is like sand paper and poeple are like wood. When a person over comes evil he comes out a better person, whose rough edges have become formed and smothed, just like taking sand paper to wood.
-AARON VIVIANO

Yes it is my own qoute. Go ahead qoute your selve and I love to see qoutes of other people.

-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins