Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No, Aaron, No

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 3, 2002 02:11:23 UTC

I'm trying hard to not get mad. :)

***There was only creationism***

No. There was Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Shintoism, Buddhism, etc. etc. Get this straight: there is more out there than creationism and atheism. A LOT more. If you [and those like you] are of the opinion that every attempt to look at the universe in a scientific manner is an attempt to undermine religion then I am deeply, deeply afraid of humanity's future.

***those who didn't believe in God slowly were trying to find a thoery that would prove it***

Most christians believe in evolution. End of debate. Evolution and God are not mutually exclusive. The existence of God or any intelligent designer has nothing to do with evolutionary biology. It's another question altogether.

***Besides most of our ideas about the whole universe are originated in different holy books. And we don't live in that kind of world in the first place so this world is not needed. Why don't you just ask this question:

"Is there any way that you can prove that what is said to happen in the bible with out using the bible as the basis for that belief?"***

No, I want to know if you think the evidence jives with a 6000 year old universe just based on the evidence alone.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins