Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Still Am, Stormcrow.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on June 29, 2002 14:02:49 UTC

Its one thing to keep the line open for dialogue, but its an entirely different thing to just be following their hooks every which way they go.

A common ploy of some people is to admit no real knowledge in a field, but then assume that they "know what is going on". I never said you need to be an expert, but unless you've aleast taken a class in college or have studied independantly on the subject, there is no qualification to say that you "know what is going on".

I've been very patient, but I was also aware that my points would never be answered.

It is one thing to have an open dialogue. Our two, or is it one, YEC friend(s) have shown no willingness to have their ideas scrutinized and tested. For people that have never been schooled or educated in these matters, I find it amazing that they think they are rarely wrong. I mean neither of them have conceded error in their thinking yet. That isn't open dialogue, that's just trolling.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins