Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Peer Review Is key Here.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on June 24, 2002 15:38:45 UTC

Alan, I am not arguing with the gist of your views, but I'd like to comment on Harv's allusion to peer review. I think he's right on the money.

The idea Stafford presents is thousands of years old, and is definitely not an exceedingly esoteric concept (as some seem to think). What makes it unusual is that it is a mathematical presentation of this a very old philosophical position.

It seems there must be a reason Stafford's paper has been around for forty years with little or no apparent success in the realm of peer review. The fact that the paper has not caught the attention of anyone consequential -- in light of its relatively easy to understand implications, and seeing how pushy Stafford is (i.e., it hasn't gone unnoticed for lack of advertising) -- leads me to believe he is indeed a crackpot.

Oh, and thank goodness for the math gurus on board. I wish Alex would come back. I think at the moment stafford's away modifying his argument to fit the recent challenges of Yanniru.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins