Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Way Of Looking At A Way Of Looking

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Alan on June 24, 2002 06:47:32 UTC

A way of looking at a way of looking.

If objects are "ways of looking" e.g. just as a person gives a perspective on the universe; maybe similarly a particular rock for example IS a perspective on the universe?

An interaction between two objects is thus:
object 1: a way of looking
at
object 2: a way of looking.

Thus 'object 1' contains 'object 2'; and 'object 2' contains 'object 1'.

Analyse this and you get your Relativity, your QED and virtual particle exchange, and your Gravity!?

Object 2 might be the "object 2 perspective" on the universe.

Dr. Dick's work analyses the minimum tautological patterns in communicable concepts; in ways of looking at ways of looking.

But "a way of looking at a way of looking": isn't that consciousness?

For example; to be self-conscious is to be aware (to look at, to have a way of looking at) your manner of looking (your way of looking).

Chris Langan shows that (ctmu.org I think) when you list the contents of the universe, list lots of ways of looking (us, atoms, etc.) you have a global way of looking. He seems to address the question of exchanges in perspective that involve mutual containment.

Consider too: 'mass' as momentum on 4th axis (from Dr. Dick); particle as wave; mass as a way of looking from several perspectives (thus 4th axis momentum?)

Freedom and Constraint:
Choose a way of looking at a way of looking; get an offer wave and a confirmation wave; get a transaction (as in John Cramer's transactional interpretation of quantum mechanics).

Freedom to choose a way of looking, PLUS: freedom
to choose a way of looking, can lead to a mutual perspective; a constraint; a deal on a mutual way of looking (common ground, creation). Everything is created by love; by agreement on a mutual way of looking. The very existence of an object is from love; so God = Existence = Love. God is personal, as consciousnes is inherent to this.

An agreement between two ways of looking, creating a third way of looking; gives you God is Three and God is One. From the meeting of two perspectives in a shared perspective; you get a new perspective, like a particle of larger mutual self-awareness? A consciousness particle?

"Where two or more are gathered in My Name, there am I in the midst of them" Jesus said.

If I am debating; and I find common ground; and I do not squash the other's view; but where both parties seek to find common ground, in honesty (so in God's name); He is there in the midst of us. Isn't that being loved, being let be; if another meets one on agreed territory?

If carefuluniverse is right that Yanniru has a theory of consciousness involving a "quantum standing wave"; that fits with this. A wave of different perspectives from a; interacting with a wave of different perspectives from b; gives a standing wave; a quantum,; a consciousness.

Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins