Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's Hard To Argue With That!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on December 4, 1999 21:25:23 UTC

Well, what exactly is a real christain? I've never sensed God, and I'm convinced that if he was real, the world wouldn't be like this. I don't pretend to know all the answers, but why would God keep knowledge out of our reach? Is he afraid we'll learn the truth? In the garden of eden, God punished humans for the pursuit of knowledge? Would you rather know good and evil, or be obsequious yes men to God? I can't imagine a God that you describe would want that. If it's within God's power to rectify the ills of this world, what's he waiting for? All the evils that exist in this can't be attributed entirely to free will.

As far as atheists being rebels against God, that's clearly a Christain point of view. I don't associate the devil with science.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins