Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Joking? Hmmm...no, No Joke! :)=)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Beelzebub/">Beelzebub on December 4, 1999 17:04:29 UTC

: : Beelzebub: : : Hmmmmmmm...and by what would you replace capitalism? : ******* : Well, Canada is an independant nation now (it was never a part of the United States). It's been that way since 1868.

: What would I replace Capitalism with? That's a tough question. The worst part about capitalism is it's main premise centers around greed. It's never enough. There are always more ideas for new commodities, always more profit to be made, and productivity is always increased. The earth can't handle it. : So I think definitely a system that didn't emphasis consumption. On the other hand communism in practice has always failed or seems oppressive (like in China). It seems that communism is prone to corruption as well. I'm not entirely sure, I'm more of an environmentalist than a social scientist (but I'm trying to learn more). I suppose I can only offer criticism without solutions. What do you think?

Beelzebub: I think it's very easy: You must only forbid that a person can become richer than another person! (Of course, you must have a democracy and you must avoid a mismanagement.) That sounds very simple and naive, but nobody could give me an argument against it. I'm sure it would work. Hmmm...but I'm also sure that the rich people will not give "us" their money so easy...LOL

Canada an independent nation? :) No...Canada has not a free will, it's a willing slave of the big USA! I have never seen, that a country worships a neighbour state so much. USA and Canada are more than big friends, aren't they?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins