Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Are "the Lying Arts?"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 17, 2002 01:35:12 UTC

1. Appeal to emotion INSTEAD of reason.

This is a lying art BECAUSE reason can support emotion honestly. Sometimes emotion will cloud
the issue.

2. Play morality games INSTEAD of Love games.

This is a lying art BECAUSE morality turns individuals into "units." One of the most ironic
is the accusation that members of another group
"treat people like things." But the person holding that view has just turned all those individuals into "morality things" without getting to know and love them.

3. Say "It is proven" or "I can prove it" and then present a muddled, disorganized, vague case.
One began with a conceited belief and never admitted one could be mistaken. One joined with other like-"minded" persons.

Usually... not always... ( I do not make them units, but observe that in my experience ) these folks
1) play morality games instead of love games
and
2) appeal to emotion instead of reason.

Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins