Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Shudder...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on December 2, 1999 02:09:14 UTC

: : Heavy duty man! Tired of being pushed around?

: : Tön : --------- : Sorry. My arguments were aimed at biblical literalists, and not all creationists in general. : I don't know, I just sick of quibling over tired details. If they wont accept that evolution is fact just because it contradicts their own preconceived biases, then that's their problem. I've present every conceivable argument I can. Whatever. : So... on to the social sciences???

: P.S. Just tired of being the polite (afraid to offend) atheist is all.

bzrd here: I take no offense. As a former evolutionist I am familiar with most of the evidence presented in your [lengthy?] previous post. Interestingly, quite a bit of it can be assimulated into the Creationist paradigm; for ex. the coccyx, 5th toe, snake hips etc., if indeed they are evolutionary artifacts, [I may add that they are artifacts only when one assumes a priori that evolution has occured] they would represent a loss of information. Further, it leaves one with the notion that, on the way to evolving legs, the critter in question, would waddle-about on legglets for many generations. I feel it is neccessary to clarify my definition of evolution: hydrogen atoms to people. To suppose such a thing is not only counter-intuitive but defies the laws of nature. [I believe it was Louis Pastuer who put spontaneous generation back on the same shelf with alchemy][Frosty the Snowman and Pinnochio being to notable exceptions]The day is drawing near when the materialist world will fall like the house of cards that it is...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins