Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Damned Your Own Argument By Such Faint Effort Making It

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 15, 2002 21:51:00 UTC

but it doesn't have to stay damned

I'm aware you have an agenda to make sure
Jesus is wholly owned by your theory of things...
aren't I?

Have you ever read King Jesus by Robert Graves?
Graves was called many names during his life, including
"the 20th Century's Poet-Laureate of Great Britain"
and the worldly context of this story provides an interesting counterpoint. Still, even if we dismiss "son of God" references which are found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John,
we would still be left with the existential dilemma which is faced by all creatures with eyes on stalks or whether they are blimp-sized bags of
alien gasses who live in upper atmospheres...
and that dilemma is...if I am not the Creator of the universes myself, how far removed am I from the Creator of the Universe...and how and why?

Can you give an adequate account of that which explains why you think Jewishness is especially important? Not an inadequate account, but an ADEQUATE one? (My standards aren't so terribly hard to meet, but "half-assed" is not above the standard.

Migards,
Reke

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins