Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Way Of Talking Is Why We Need Attorneys

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 15, 2002 08:18:34 UTC

U wrote:
"Can't explain my beliefs? What did I not explain?"

Chief among these are:
Didn't define what a Soul is although I've asked...and upon that rests your claim that
a 3-month old foetus is a murder victim when
a mother chooses not to carry her own process
through to creating a new person.

U wrote:
"I do not 'condemn' anyone, I give my opinion and what I think about the issue. I'm not sending them to hell."

I did no know that you define "condemn" only as
"sending them to hell." For some persons, to be accused falsely of murder has the effect of condemning them to lose some of the blessings of life. So you are only harming your neighbors IN THIS WORLD if you bear false witness against them. That's not very great, but it's better than the worst.

U wrote:
"I did not bear any witness to anyone."

I don't like being called "not anyone" and I don't think anyone does either.

U wrote:
"and it is not false. That 'fetus' will become a baby eventually, therefore in my mind it is murder."

My objection is that if you cannot show better cause than that and you accuse someone of murder, there is a chance you are mistaken. If you have reckless disregard for other folks, you take these chances. You say it's just your opinion.
Thank you for being honest...you admit it's not a fact at all.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins