Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Actually I Do Believe In An Absolute

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 12, 2002 14:17:16 UTC

However, I do not think any human will ever know it. All human thinking is limited, containing both truth and error. That includes what all religions say about god.

Take Buddhism for example. In its original form, still practiced by the Dai Lama(Sp?), there is no god and there is no self or soul, things that I do not believe. Yet there is truth in Buddhism like transmigration and especially in the efficiency of their practices, all inspired by what most people would call god. Buddhists just say it comes from other Buddhas, which in my mind is a possibility.

So the only conclusion I can come to is that god reveals himself in bits and pieces and is counting on rational people to put the pieces together.

I may be wrong. Certainly my view of the godhead must contain error- for as I learn more and more, it is constantly changing.

For example, I have learned a great deal from the posters on this forum, even though I have criticized their thinking. Note however I tolerate their thinking as their right. I learned how sexiest Buddhism is.

Sam by collecting all the quotes that supposedly show that Jesus claimed to be god gave me insight on what Jesus was really saying, which I agree with wholeheartedly.

So I am hear to express my views, to learn from others and to further develop my views. So Sam has had a profound influence on my thinking even though I come to a different conclusion from the same scripture.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins