Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
For A Kid, You Seem To Mistake...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on June 11, 2002 19:41:12 UTC

having a wealth of links for a wealth of intelligence. You admit yourself that you have a creationism bias. You have certain ideas on how science really is. You believe in a global flood. I give you evidence that no such thing ever happened, and you can't refute that information, but rather you hand it off to someone else to refute for you, not even knowing how genuine it is.

I can tell you that my information is geniune, mainly because if it wasn't, I'd be fired. I wouldn't be able to properly classify soils and rock.

When it comes to evolution, your supply of information is through the internet and links, not through actual study. This is a dangerous manner of learning. My knowledge of geology is directly related to my job as a geotechnical engineer. Your know of science is indirectly related to someone else's knowledge. And the extent of their knowledge is unknown.

I don't argue evolution. I take it on good faith with scientists. Just as I take the experiments noted in relativistic physics as true on good faith. I have studied the math. The math has been correlated with experimentation I haven't personally witnessed. So I take that on good faith.

However, your knowledge on evolution isn't neither based on your knowledge of good faith experiments, but rather on the knowledge of others, who's bias is overwhelmingly creating a conflict of interest between their faith and science. So stop bringing in links and start reading biology and whatnot before accepting creationist's words so readily.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins