Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No, Not That Is Believable, But Where Is He Now?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on November 30, 1999 03:16:00 UTC

: : : : So where is the "Non-disputable" magic?

: : : bzrd here: I believe you are referring to the United Nations. You are saying there was a conspiracy? I suppose the Arabs conspired with the Jews in the 1967 six day war that culminated with Jews taking over Jerusalem.....[also predicted in the Old Testament] I would say that the Resurrection of Jesus qualifies as a super-natural event; if there is evidence to the contrairy I would be happy to debate it.

: : ***The U.S. was THE controler over the entire situation in the creation of the new Jewish State, I hope you know this much at least. : : As far as Jesus's resurection, where is he now? : : I have to say that such an event would not be created for a few people to experiance and then he would leave for the right hand of a throne in the heavans to be seen no more? So yes, I dispute the reality of this resurection.

: : bzrd here: You may be right as far as the U.S. being the major player in the rebirth of Israel; though, I am not sure of its relevence to the matter. Rather than debating Jesus from a theological perspective, I am more interested in how one could deny that He existed, [and was resurrected] from strictly a historical point of veiw. For ex., is the best evidence against the resurrection simply that it is not believable?

***I do not believe it because he is not here now, and it is unwise to take peoples word for things which are important to me. Have you met him lately? Not being sarcastic, just realistic.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins