Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Four Posts Since The "chap," As You Call Him, Returned

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 11, 2002 05:35:27 UTC

I read his posts...why do you assume I comprehended not? His talk of symmetries and multidimensional manifolds is a good place to start.
There are comforts in feeling that despite all
the frustrations in life, WE at LEAST know things
about ultimate truth that all those millionaires don't. But most posts, even about very competent physics in ultimate questions, do not show me
much more than science fiction in applying these to "ultimate questions" ... and quite often it's less than science fiction.
Anyone who presumes to be so elaborately and casually AND VAGUELY dismissive of other folks on the list is going out on a limb -- a limb of cheap soft rotting wood.
I don't think I've been too hard on the "chap," as you call him.

Interesting macro-examples of symmetry
(most of which have an element of asymmetry too):
sea floor spreading
cell division
sexual reproduction
algebraic equalities
atomic nucleus - electron ratios

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins