Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Need A Title

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 11, 2002 03:12:44 UTC

It's not the queen's English...it's American.
Though I oppose putting the Ten Commandments on Government Buildings, I would allow, in the capital itself and a few major branch outlets, a posting area behind glass to accomodate a small post by each or all religions, including Sikh, Scientology, Satanism, and Voodoo, who wanted to emphasize their ethical/spiritual message...including atheism and agnostics. One reason for this, though it might prove unworkable and is just an idea...is...
that our We the People evolved from a lively interest in principles and governing by them instead of the whim of a man or a generation.

Speaking of which... I don't think it quite makes sense that the "war on terrorism" will be conducted by unelected, anonymous secret police who will "need to" monitor the speech and actions of all Americans. It doth seem a little strange...
and
Treasury Department (U.S.) should always be capitalized

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins