Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jesus Said

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 10, 2002 14:27:06 UTC

"The most important commandment is to love the lord your god with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your intention"(my translation-might, will or mind are not so accurate) Jesus of course said this in Aromaic, so even the Greek bible is a translation.

Sam pointed out where in Deuteronomy you can find this commandment. I always thought it was the first, but it more like a reinterpretation of the first. It is called the SHEMA, the Hebrew word for hear. It goes something like this in English. I of course chant it in Hebrew.

Hear O Israel, the lord our god, the lord is one. You shall love the lord your god with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your intention. You shall repeat it when you rise in the morning, when you retire at night, when you walk by the way and when you rest. You shall teach it deligently to your children and wear it on your wrists and on your forehead. This is a commandment for all for all time.

I broaden this commendment to include all chanting type prayers of all religion: in Christianity the Holy Rosary including the Lord's Prayer, in Buddhism the various mantras for enlightenment, mainly the 3x7 chakra mantras, in Hinduism the Krishna mantra HA RA YE NA MA HA that I have extended to 96 mantras using symmetry and the chakra sounds VA RA YA and HA (the sounds chakras 2-4), and in Judiasm besides the SHEMA I use the names of the ten angels corresponding to the ten names of god from the KABALAH. Still have not found anything like those in Islam.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins