Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Whatever You Say, There Is Some Irony Which Context Provides

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 9, 2002 04:42:45 UTC

You say "It implies that organized religion corrupted humanity"
I don't believe it... and I don't think you have given much or any? evidence of that from an archeological/anthopological/sociobiological/historical perspective.
Atavistic mankind naturally held opinions which would be considered proto-religious by today's standards. They also had dominance hierarchies.
There is significant evidence that early humans were episodically violent, more likely for turf t than for theology or philosophy.

I remember some earlier exchanges when I defined
What I meant by God and you said you could not find a definition of God there. Now you are saying you don't object to an amorphous definition. But that is an oxymoron.
If you want to insist you were not referring to Christ in your "Hank" post, who is anyone to dispute what you say you meant.
But like you say to Sam above, you might go out on a limb and tell us what the heck else you do mean.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins