Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Should I DNFTT This?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Harvey on June 7, 2002 23:47:42 UTC

The rules with trolls is that you aren't supposed to respond at all, but I don't think that is fair to Mike for no other reason that he has been here a while. Therefore, I'll reserve the special power of DNFTT for certain posts as well as certain comments of his post:

""it would seem more consonant with God's wisdom and providence to think that He could and did create a world of secondary natures that could and did do His will. In other words, that He created a world which developed in the way in which he intended without His continually having make adjustments."

***The guy who implies I'm a troll especially liked the quote above. I think these both reveal his level of comprehension pretty well. "God's wisdom and providence" are revealed in pretty damn small measure in the 160 million year age of the dinosaurs, and in the "age" of those posters who follow my statements with DNFTT. Anyone who thinks 160 million years of dinosaurs
shows good management will only be in the way of improving management in our time.***

The misconception here is the same as Voltaire's misconception when he complained against Maupertuis' and Liebniz's position of God and the minimum principle when he said "do we live in the best of all possible worlds?". 'Well managed' doesn't necessarily mean 'superb according to the highest standard of efficiency', it could mean 'superb according to the highest standard of necessity'. For example, if someone were drowning a little ways down the beach, the most efficient route might be to swim the shortest path between me and the drowning person. However, this action might be too slow of a route. It might be better if I run down the beach to the distance closest to where the drowning swimmer is from the beach, and swim the shorter distance.

Taking this popular analogy to the evolution of the dinosaurs, I can say that each step of evolution happens to follow the least path of resistance via natural selection. As a result, the path of natural selection (along with other evolutionary mechanisms) is the necessitated path that God requires nature to follow.

***Learn that you are ignorant. Then you will be able to communicate with me. Double meaning intended.***

DNFTT.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins