Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
MP Is Yours

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 7, 2002 14:46:27 UTC

Here is the best summary of his work that I could find:
***Pierre-Louis Moreau de Maupertuis in his book, "Systeme de la Nature" theorized on the nature of heredity and how new species come into being. He thought that speciation took place by chance events in nature, rather than by spontaneous generation as was believed at the time. About ten years earlier he had published a book called, "Essai de Cosmologie" in which he introduced the concept of stronger animals in a population having more offspring, something akin to Darwin's theory of the survival of the fittest. ***

It seems that his principle of least action was quite mathematical. I saw no reference that god uses it, although I consider that to be quite reasonable, and Kemp came close to saying that, and the Diests(Sp?) also came close.

So unless you can provide better references, I have to conclude that you are the inventor of MP as a guiding principle in god's creation of lifeforms including intelligent ones.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins