Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Links Are Great

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 6, 2002 14:20:16 UTC

because you can print them out.

Thanks for the lead. I'll get back to you.

BTW- You may be interested in this one from Randall Collin's book on
'The Sociology of Philosophies'

It seems that in order to head a Zen monastery in Japan, and maybe China, you had to get a certificate of enlightenment.

You did so by presenting a description of an estatic experience that you had to the proper (already enlightened?) authorities.

The message I get from this is that enlightenment is not a permanent state, like say being a Guru is.

So based on those considerations many of us may already be enlightened and we just do not know it.

In fact, you and I could create a site (assuming you have had an estatic experience- according to Collins it could even be associated with sex) in which we invite others to present descriptions of their estatic experiences and if good enough, we would enter them into the list of enlightened ones.

With tongue in cheek,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins