Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ok.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 4, 2002 22:01:58 UTC

"Not at all. I cannot think of a competent astrophysicist who would equate stellar fusion with the faith of religion. Your idea that because we lack absolute knowledge means that 'anything goes' is absolutely ludicrous and clearly indicates that you have a poor, poor understanding of science."

I never said stellar fusion had anything to do with religion. We just have faith in our present observations about fusion.

I'll present my arguement another way, because we are getting nowhere with this one.

Can the past be scientifically proven? Since no one was there, and it can not be repeated and observed, can theories of the past be scientifically proven? I do not think they can. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins