Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Word Of God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 4, 2002 20:49:00 UTC

Recently I posted a statement that God intended that all peoples, not just Jews, celebrate the birthday of the world. In my Jewish bible it specifically says that the Feast of the Trumpets [what is now called Rosh Hashannah] is to be observed by all peoples for all time as a celebration of his creation of the world.

In reply to a response from Sam, who did not know that the world has a birthday, and since as always I was in a library, I looked up the scripture in the library's only bible- the King James version.

That translation omits the requirement for all to celebrate the feast for all time. It does not even mention that its a celebration of the creation. It is just called the feast of trumpets.

So it occurs to me that the King James version is a distortion of the word of god. I'll bet that in this case it was deliberate since only Jews had ever observed that holy day.

Actually any translation into English, or any other language, could distort the original meaning.

But more specifically the word of god was in Hebrew. So if you want to read the word of god, you had better read the original in Hebrew. Everything else is a distortion.

Opps. The new testament was in Greek. So you have to learn Greek as well. After all, god did not do the translations.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins