Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Harvl

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Aaron Viviano on June 4, 2002 16:46:35 UTC

"(sometimes creationists intentionally misspell names, etc just to make refutation that much harder)"

I don't do that. It may have just been a mistake. I may disagree but I myself would never go so low, but thanks for pointing this out.

"You treat Troitskii as if he is the final authority on the matter."

I supose I did didn't I. Well that is something I'm going to have to correct.

"but there are Christian churches that allow you more freedom."

I am quite happy where I am. Thank you. I feel that the freedom that you talk about just isn't freedom at all.

"In addition, as the light approached earth, it would need to slow down to 300K/km/s so that we wouldn't detect faster than light speed photons."

No time would be at a changed time interval not a changed speed of light. I'll try to write something that explains it better. Any way this is a theory not nessecarily my belief. So please don't attack me for this I'm just presenting this as an option and with all theories it needs to be attacked to see if it will hold up to sceintific scrutiny. (I can't spell.)

"You need to reference whatever scientific hypothesis you are mentioning."

Yes, I've been looking for the article. I hope to find it soon. Thanks for pointing this out.

"Why not use your intelligence and genuinely pursue science as it is currently understood."

If we all pursued science as it was, there would be no science at all. It is those that opperate at the "fringe" of science that often make the newest and most important discoveries.

-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins