Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If Our Discussions Are Going To Go Somewhere...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on June 4, 2002 14:32:19 UTC

you've got to stop taking what I say personally when I speak in general terms. Also, repetition gets old.

You posted a link to ICR on the misconception that their scientists aren't published. They are published, but as I responded to that point, their YEC concepts are not published. I should have been more clear on that point.

As for creationism, it gives people the answer they are looking for. It gives them god and science, without understanding either. While you may have tendencies to learn more, such tendencies do not exist with most people. They'd rather use Frontpage to create their website rather than learn how to program their own. I'm willing to bet that atleast 50% of christians haven't actually read most of the bible. 95% of christians probably haven't studied biblical history and middle east history. One reason is because they don't have the ability to study it. It is too intense. So they follow a god they actually don't know much about. This is what I refer to. They willingfully follow a god on ignorance for its great ease and comfort. You may not do so. Not all christians do so. However, most Christians probably do.

As for DOS, I was thinking back when I used Ramdrives, if you remember those. How to use 8 MB of ram to its fullest. Games are too large to do that today. Oh well.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins