Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This Is Not A Serious Rebuttal

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 4, 2002 01:56:17 UTC

You response to the light evidence shows your bias. There is no possible evidence, no possible proof that could convince you that you're wrong, because 'God made it that way.' We infer from experience and what we know of the laws of physics that all light and energy must be emitted from a source, but not now, because God made it that way. Aaron, this argument is terrible. If I said I had an invisible dragon living in my garage, would you believe me? Why not? Because the burden of proof is on the one who makes the claim. Simply laying all inconsistencies in one's beliefs on a supernatural force that defies the law of physics is an act of desperation.

Also, if God was trying to make a 'fully developed universe' from square one, (i.e. so men could see stars at the beginning) why bother creating the light from galaxies so distant that they can't even be seen with the naked eye? Seems like overkill. Wouldn't it make more sense for an intelligent designer to set the universe it motion and let it all pan out, rather than going through leaps and bounds to give the universe the appearance of age?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins