Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 3, 2002 21:25:14 UTC

"Then is it no problem for you if you told church members and your parents that you have come to accept evolution and a 14 billion year universe? Would they not disapprove of such an card blanche acceptance of science?"

My church could care less. Like I said, I don't even know their position on evolution. My parents would be very suprised, because the creation\evolution debate is one of my loves. But my parents would allow me to believe it. They do not force me to believe creation.

"This sounds like your minister talking."

No, that's my thought, not his. Maybe I should be a minister?

"You already do that when you say that the 'four corners of the earth' is not literally meaning that the earth is a square shape."

I believe the four corners of the earth is a way of saying North, south, east and west. Perhaps 'corners' was misenterpreted and meant origanaly winds, or something of the sort.

"I wish you didn't put these unrealistic constraints on Christianity."

I'm not putting any 'constraints on Christianity'. You can be a Christian and believe in evolution. I know several. In fact, in my previous church, which we attended for 10 years,
the majority of people believed evolution.
You are right that in the whole salvation message creation is not that important. But I am not in this forum to argue salvation. I am arguing creation\evolution.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins