Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You See Alot.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 3, 2002 18:56:00 UTC

"I realize that both of you go to fundamentalist churches, but there are Christian churches that allow you more freedom. I see that you guys are heavily influenced by your parent's beliefs, and I think this is stiffling your genuine interest in science."

"I realize", "I see", "I think". Do you really? I don't think you know were I go to church, and I don't think you know my parents. Such sterotypes!
The church I am presently at is not nearly as fundamentalist as I am. I have never heard the origins of the universe mentioned once. And the pastor does not interpret the scriptures nearly as literally as I do. I also disagree with my parents on many things.

"...but there are Christian churches that allow you more freedom."

Is freedom that important if you are wrong? Would you rather be free for 80 years on earth then die and go to hell for eternity, or would you rather be do things according to God's will and live in heaven for eternity? Sounds harsh, but it's what I believe. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins