Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Have An IdeaLuis, Personally, I Think You're Quite Intelligent

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 2, 2002 20:49:36 UTC

My criticisms of your work are not fault-finding with a person, but principles which are clearer to discuss in your writing than in that of most here...because you write more specifically than most on a wide range of subjects.
I think we began our exchanges in November with
one where you were implying Pythagorus was a plagiarist from earlier mathematicians. This, while debatable, is about science and could be investigated.

Rich wrote:
"The personal attacks have to stop. I have an idea how they must of started....(snip) Stormcrow, I feel your pain, but lets keep it down. If things get too too bad, a simple DNFTT would do."

Rich, you posted some fine science. I don't know if you know much history. Any human can misread others. If the archive has not been altered, there are plenty of "leads." If the archive has been signficantly altered, there would be no point in visiting this forum.

I've been called a Grinch in a recent post.
The Grinch stole an entire town's Christmas.
I don't think I've stolen anything though I have a pen from the bank I've been meaning to return.
That kind of nam-ecalling is so far from science
as to be a shameful masquerade.
I wish you all happiness and hoped for your survival in a good world. I don't enjoy finding all the errors, evasions and unethical ploys I've read here. I wasn't trying to cause pain by being emphatic...except a non-injurious pain of growth. I observe Paul's kindly manner has (metahporically) corporate steel behind it and that few or nobody on this list changed their evasive habits with such gentle persuasion. I felt comfortable calling folks liars when then denied having said things the archive and my memory showed they said the day or two before...buried under dozens of new posts.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins