Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Think So?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 2, 2002 12:50:30 UTC

"To say you'd actually "like to see (them) fry"
is not a very good thing to say."

I'm sorry, I'll never made a joke again. (hangs head in shame)

"1) We ALWAYS capitalize specific references to the U.S. Supreme Court even if we don't say "U.S.""

Oh well. Life goes on, somehow. I'll always capitalize proper nouns from here on out, mike.

"The Court decides specific cases, giving reasons which can specifically impact other, similar cases in various states. But they do not make laws per se. They are Supreme in many senses but are co-equal with Congress and the administrative branch (which as far as I know, does not have to be capitalized, though President should be in specific references)."

I know that. The issue wasn't which branch is more powerful, it was whether Congress has the authority to override the Supreme Court.

"Congress cannot override the Supreme Court, as you say. He was wrong to say they can ignore a Supreme Court ruling, even though it's true. To do so in some cases would be ignorant, and they would be heading into shallow waters with a vulnerable ship. But certainly many in Congress ARE ignorant of various Supreme Court rulings. It is as easy as drinking beer at breakfast."

Even though it's true? It may be 'true,' Mike, but it's not constitutional and it's not legal. That's the issue.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins