Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Raise A Nice Point About Faith And Honesty..but Lost It

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 2, 2002 05:55:04 UTC

humans are so self-important, you say.

So many folks work so hard just to keep a household together and sustain their loved ones.
At least that should be mentioned to.
Do you think animals are less "self-important?:
I would agree that there are excesses of self importance but awareness of this danger has been in published literature since before Julius Caesar et al.
A definite sign of delusional self-importance is the determination to discuss such big questions with ham-headed illiteracy and using the tools of quack psychiatric diagnosis to brand anyone who knows more than you...yes, that is how it was mostly used in the very polluted, very unhappy, anti-Christian Soviet Union.
We've seen the kind of rap you use before, Mario.
You should turn from it.

What is faith? Before you reject it, you haven't precisely defined it scientifically...and it is there where you are making your mistake and missing something good. You could actually have a part in helping create the theology of a truer world. But why do you persist in hating me instead? You think I am trying to be important?
Don't worry! I am! But not dependent on Mario agreeing to it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins