Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Post To Emperor__alikar

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rich on June 2, 2002 00:08:13 UTC

Aaron, my gosh, you need some direction, badly.

First off, Kent Hovind, the author of www.drdino.com is a liar and not too intelligent. Everything he has on his website has been thoroughly debunked by people with real experience. I've got something. Recently, last week Mr. Kent Hovind had a debate with Dr. Massimo Pigliucci. This is available online at http://www.infidelguy.com/Pigliucci_Hovind_debate_32kbps.mp3
Hovind is clearly outgunned and outclassed in this very recent debate, as Hovind has been in all his previous debates.
Many people have created websites explaining the errors in all of Hovind's ideas. Here is one of those sites. http://www.geocities.com/kenthovind/proofs.html#slowing
This site is good because it is rather simple.
I am a Geotechnical Engineer, and not a biologist who works closely in the field of evolution. Oddly enough, www.icr.org has just as little experience in the evolution field as I do. Granted they have Biology degrees, but their specialties are in areas that do not relate to evolution. Assuming their intelligence in the evolution field would be like me claiming I can design computer motherboards because I've got an engineering degree.
What does me being a Geotechnical Engineer have to do with anything? I've personally classified over a ton of sedimentary rock from the northeast Ohio area. I live in an area that is famous for the best Sharon Conglomerate outcrops in this region of the country. By looking at the rock and cored rock, it is obviously clear that the bible's flood never happened. If you require any information to explain why, by all means ask for it.
I'm not an expert in geology by any means, however, if you go to this site, you can get in depth explanations on geology related issues. http://www.geocities.com/earthhistory/
I noticed you made a mentioning of how science will look at evolution in 200 years as it looks at a flat-earth now. Just to make it clear, there was NEVER a point in time when people thought that the earth was flat. Granted, a few people may have thought so, but early science knew that the earth was a sphere. The Columbus ordeal going around the globe instead of off the map never happened. Portugal wouldn't support his trip, because they actually had estimated with reasonable accuracy the diameter of the earth. If North America wasn't their, he would have sailed to his demise.
If you have any questions regarding the YEC issue you have, I'll answer any question you can toss, or find someone that already has. You do not need to believe in a young earth to be a christian.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins