Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Case In Oint

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 1, 2002 16:18:16 UTC

Someone representing themself as a 19-year-old
student of electrical engineering named Mario Dovalina wrote:
"I Am Aware Of That, Thank You. What's Your Point?"

Response: "That" has no reference point. Unclear what you are asking.

Mario wrote:
"God, you're so hung up on status."

Response: What are you talking about? And why do you call me God.if you don't like and respect me and don't think I created the universe and life?
Or were you swearing an oath to God that I am hung up on status. Seems like overkill and a little risky if you're mistaken. Maybe you are trying to imply that you are not hung up on status and projecting the boogey man delusion onto what I represent to you.

Mario wrote:
"What difference does it make how old I am? I've known people younger and more intelligent than I, or older and stupider. And vice versa. Age is a non-issue"

Response: If I read you right...
in Mario's system of thought, if an item of data correlates in a VARIABLE way to the other factors, we just toss it away. Or, are you saying, "I am a wild animal who has no reasoning powers at all!"

Mario wrote:
"... But if I'm not a genius, then you, by comparison, drag your knuckles on the ground."

Response:
The metaphor is poetic but does not seem apt. How are you doing in that electrical engineer program? It's a little worrisome to think our electrical engineers will have such thinking habits.

Mario wrote:
"If you look back, Mike, I never start the mudslinging.
I won't say I don't participate in it, but I never start it. You always resort to throwing rocks about five sentences into a conversation, in any context."

Response:
There have been no mud or rocks. If by mudslinging you mean wildly unreasonable personal attacks...what did you mean by the post just previous to this one, when you suggested I need to take medication, presumably for mental illness?
Your definition of "never" and "always" and "about five" and "in any context" seem incompetent...flunksville for Mario.

Sorry but you just don't have any competence to lecture me. Maybe you could send someone who is competent.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins