Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This Is Getting Old

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 30, 2002 17:47:51 UTC

"Like Scott said, if in the future God knows that I will kill someone or rob a bank, how can I avoid doing that? I HAVE to, since it is in my personal future. If you disagree, tell me how you could avoid it."

God would not know that you are going to rob a bank unless you chose to rob a bank. What you chose right now forms the future, and God has already seen it. God does not KNOW you are going to do anything unless you DO it.

"This is simple logic."

Yes it is. But you are making one assumption.
You are still thinking of God as a person on a timescale. Like I said, God operates outside our concept of time. This is why your arguement is wrong.

"I'm trying hard not to get frustrated, here."

Good. Don't get frustrated. Just take a deep breath, and count to 10. :) I'm sorry I'm frustrating you. I really don't mean to. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins