Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Love "Lucy"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 30, 2002 17:35:42 UTC

It's called making a hoax,
And then having the entire scientific community say it is evidence for evolution. I have no doubt it is happening today. Anyway, here is some evidence against "Lucy".

Discovered in 1974 by Donald Johanson, "Lucy" was a skeleton about 50% complete. It was about 3'6" tall, and probably about 50 pounds. It seemed to have walked upright, so it was hailed a an ancestor of man. But I believe it was simply an extinct species of ape which lived in trees (or at least was in them alot). Here is why I believe that:

1. She had a U-shaped jaw, which is usual for Gorrilas

2. Long curved fingers and toes, which meant she was well adapted for swing in trees

3. Her brain was 1\4 the size of a human brain

4. She had very large teeth, larger than humans even.

5. Even if Lucy could walk slightly erect, that would not prove it was on the evolutionary path to man. Pygmy chimps today can walk paritally upright.

6. The knee points to the ability to climb trees, not so much to walk upright.

All these point to Lucy as an extinct ape who lived in trees. Not on the evolutionary path to man. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins