Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I HATE EVOLUTION

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by yanniru/">yanniru on November 18, 1999 17:44:18 UTC

As a former atheist and (since I am blacklisted for being a Star Wars whistleblower) a former scientist, I must accept evolution as a fact just as I accept the history of warfare as a fact. But I hate evolution just as I hate warfare. Think of the central principle of Darwinian evolution, 'Survival of the fittest'. That has been the rallying cry of those among us who would use warfare for our own gain down through the ages. Darwin's principle is essentially a war between the species, which inexorably leads to war within the species as well. If there is a devil, warfare and evolution are certainly the work of the devil. It's time to put that work aside, at least within our own species. I believe that both scientists and creationists can agree that the principles of evolution should no longer apply to the human species, whether or not they agree on its factual basis.

Moses taught us- I believe it's in the Talmud- that whenever you come across a contradiction in scripture, rather than reject the whole of scripture, we should look for the silver lining that resolves the contradiction on the basis of an underlying principle that makes both sides true. I believe that this approach should be applied to differences between religions, and even differences between religion and science. Regarding evolution, we all can find a common ground, a common principle that all sides can agree on- that the competitive life or death mechanisms postulated for evolution have no place in modern society.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins