Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Non-constant Changes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 28, 2002 01:31:46 UTC

"Why is the biggest desert only 4,000 years old?"

a- I never heard this before, give me a non-ICR source

b- If it's true, so what? Deserts are changing, moving, popping up here and there all the time. Nature is not an unchanging entity. Such logic is dependent on the assumption that nature is a constant, which is not the case.

"2. Why is oil still pressurized when it loses all of it's pressure in about 10,000 years?"

Pressurized in what kind of rock? Does this assume the amount of oil is not increasing? Does this assume that there is a large and active source for the oil to diffuse out? Give me a non-ICR source.

"...Then how could the lost squadron, that landed in Greenland durring WW2, be under 263 feet of ice if they only landed 48 years ago? Shouldn't they have been under only 4.5 feet of ice if the scientists are correct?"

Buried under glacial flow, perhaps? I assume you were referring to the rate at which ice accumulates from the sky (snow) however the ice sheets themselves are sliding around profusely.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins