Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
There Wasn't Much To Debate In What You Said

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Box Holder on May 26, 2002 05:51:06 UTC

scientific debate is different than other kinds of debates....it doesn't matter as much in science how you play to the crowd...and while it's fun to read how the creationist school kids found an allosaurus, it was irrelevant to science when Phillips said,"I'm sure the evolutionists would like to get their hands on these bones."
This kind of statement illustrates the "us vs. them" atmosphere that is more present in the creationist than the evolutionist camp, in my experience. While a paleontologist is in the field, I think there's no particular desire to prove creation theories wrong. Someone would have to be pretty weird to be thinking about proving creation theories wrong, since there is so little content in them anyway. They never say How it was done...they just claim to know who did it. Science just keeps plodding along, trying to see how things occur.
Sorry if this isn't the kind of debate you wanted. I'm a bore, aren't I?

Cordially,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins