Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yeah

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 23, 2002 19:13:52 UTC

"Here is a question for you. What is the scientific explanation, in your mind, of the origins of the first cell. Remember I am asking you a scientific question. Just saying God did it is not going to cut the mustard. How did God do it with respect to tangible, observable, empirical evidence? Where is the science to support your beliefs?"

God said it, and it happened. I believe he created the universe in 6 days, and did it like (snap of the fingers) that. That's my belief.
But here is a question for you. If you believe in the big bang, where did that 'cosmic egg' come from? Was there a begining in the evolutionary timescale? If there was, when was it? How did matter get there? Don't just tell my 'it was there
somehow' or 'we don't really know for sure' because that is not scientific either.

"I have an influence on the issue - do you? Other than this forum, my guess is no."

I think you knew the answer before you asked it.
Remember, I just wrote that I am 16. How many 16
year olds have a big influence in creation\evolution? I'm thinking.....none. But give me some time. You think I have an influence in this forum? Good, I hoped I did. It's a start.

"Most of that support comes in the form of statements like this "A human being is more complex than a watch and you don't see watches popping up randomly"

Really? I thought some of those links I gave you were very in depth and technical. Would you like me to post them again? I think you might change your mind.

"God CANNOT be a part of science. If creationism dates and times are supported by evidence then that is great - it means science is working. But I guarentee you, science will never accept God in its equations no matter how obvious it is to you and me - it will never happen. If it does then that is the end of true and pure science."

Thank you for your opinion on the whole entire field of science. However, I don't think you can speak for the whole scientific community. Do you?

KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins