Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm With You Guys ...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ian on May 23, 2002 16:01:06 UTC

... 30 years old. Studied political science in college but I enjoy talking about general science and religion. Interesting stuff on at both ends of the spectrum.

I was brought up without any inclinations towards any religion in particular. Though living in the USA it is hard not to know a little about christianity and easy to know nothing about any other religions.

I loved Carl Sagan's tv show and after I got out of college I read several of his books. The Demon Haunted World was great. Most of what I read comes from the simple fact that I like to delve into the tough questions. Right now I am reading the book "Religion Explained" by Pascal Boyer. It's a real interesting read even though I have no background in psychological anthropology. Still these things fascinate me and I am always looking for things like this to read (even if it is over my head sometimes).

Joining the discussion here is enjoyable as well, sometimes the topics are over my head but I like reading what others have to say, even if I don't agree with them.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins