Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes, I Know

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 22, 2002 00:03:15 UTC

But so is evolution. Like I said, I'll show that in a new post soon.

"I have faith that God exists and IT created the world and the universe. That is my faith."

Why? Why do you believe in a spiritul being at all? Does science bear out your belief? If not, why do you believe?

"Creationism is a way to ensure that your hopes and dreams of religion will not fade away within a secular society."

??? Explain this ???

"I believe that life and the universe are more complex than anything we could ever imagine."

Could not agree more!!!! God made this universe so complex, and there is wuch we will never know.

"For me, I think religion is a pile of dog sh*t."

Gee, tell us what you really think. :)
I don't disagree with this completely. I believe (not to offend anyone) that the catholic church has gone way off course in it's beliefs. Not just
the catholic church, all denominations have some
people in it who are corrupt.

"God cannot stand up to scientific scrutiny - so we must take the back door and try to figure out what God has done. It won't be easy, but at least it will be scientific."

Then why do you believe in him (or, IT)? I know what God has done, and the evidence shows it.

Ok, fine, creationism is religion. Why does that automaticaly stop me from using science it further
or defend it? I don't really care what you say about religion, obviously you don't entirely understand it yourself. I will defend creation
with science, I will attack evolution with science, and eventually creation will prevail. Believe what you want, but more and more scientist are realizing the obvious and are abandoning evolution. I predict that in less than
75 years, evolution will be abandoned by all but the most diehard scientists. Of course, some new theory of how the universe came about without God will arise and take it's place.

"I am a man who believes in God. I believe God created everything that we see around us."

That's a start. I'm glad you are at least right on this. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins