Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Do Not Know

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 21, 2002 20:54:46 UTC

But recently Jet Propulsion Lab has been bouncing laser beams off the reflector left on the moon. From that data they can observe seismic waves from impacts of meteorites on the other side of the moon. These siesmic waves do not have any shear waves, which means that the moon must have a molten liquid core.

This refutes the mainstream hypothesis that the moon was formed from a Mars-like collision with the earth as it could not have a molten core, so they say. However, molten cores could come from radioactivity. So they have other data such as the yellow beads that coat the moons surface. Apparently these beads somehow are inconsistent with a collision creation.

So as scientific technology improves, we gradually learn more and more about the history of the solar system. Harv's Hubble data will be another example. One that we can all understand. Usually science, especially physics, is like religion in that we just have to believe what the genius type scientists tell us. Like have you ever seen an electron. The big difference from religion however is that experiments can be used to establish truth, even if we do not always understand it.
---------------------------------------------
The most startling bit of science I have come across recently is the hypothesis that bouncing microwaves off a superconductor will reflect as gravitational waves, which then can be detected with another superconductor.

If so, then that is a possible coupling mechanism of the visible world into dark matter, which is presumed to consist of a superfluid of axions, perhaps with other constituents. Dark matter is my candidate for heaven, in case you are a recent reader on this forum. Dark matter can at least record all the information available in the visible world including our thoughts. It is as well my candidate for the medium of the soul.

I reserve dark energy for the medium of god, consistent with Abraham's "Book of Creation".

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins