Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
For The Good Of The Group...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 20, 2002 00:20:33 UTC

I have learned much about my views and opinions while participating in this forum. I have been humbled and reaffirmed in some of my strongest beliefs. People like Mike, Paul, Aurino, Harv, Dick, and Yanniru have been instrumental in the examination of my personal belief systems. I put Mike first because he has been the guy who never gave me a break, and for that I respect him very much (does that suprise you?). I have to admit that I have been pig-headed and stubborn, and at times downright rude. I hope that I have passed on some thoughtful statements and opinions to the above forum participants as well. I have gained an appreciation for other viewpoints even if they don't mix with mine. I would hate to see anyone leave the forum, but if they must - I wish you well. My comments were only meant to provoke debate and excercise my ability to think. That is what was intended. I hope those who I have offended can see me as someone worthy of intelligent conversation and intellectual debate. It has been fun, and although I intend to stay I will miss those who are choosing to leave.

From a few posts ago... Please answer this question if you are a creationist poster.

"You say microevolution exists, right. You say that all dogs today "evolved" from a dog on Noah's ark some 6,000 years ago, right. With this world view in mind - what do you think life will look like in another million years? Do you think if life continues to microevolve for another million years that species will be wholly different than they are today. Is it possible for new species to form if the earth's atmosphere and climate continue to change over a million years? Or do you think the rapture will happen before that. Even if the earth is 6,000 years old - what about the future of species evolution. You say you agree with microevolution over 6,000 years, but what about microevolution over a million years. What does creation predict about the future of the earth? Is it based on scripture? I hope it is not, because that is not science. According to one of your websites, science must be predictive. What say you about this?"

See ya around like a dougnut
Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins