Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Tien D. Kieu Catching Up To Dr. Richard Stafford?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Alan on May 18, 2002 08:26:31 UTC

This is curious:

I went to lanl.gov/list/quant-ph/new

(or go to lanl.gov then scroll down to Quantum Physics then click on new and see what Fri May 17 item by Tien D. Kieu has to say)

His article is called "Quantum Principles and Mathematical Computability". I just noticed something curious:

"But it provides an interesting and new perspective that computability, and with it the limits of Mathematics, ought to be determined not solely by Mathematics itself but also by Physical Principles. (28kb)"

Seems to me he may be right in the same territory as Dr. Dick!

This website is interesting: www.superstringtheory.com/index.html

Seems to be a good discussion forum there.

By the way: whatever physicists dream up, two or more of them have to agree on it (so communicate it) for it to make it into the textbooks. So whatever constraints there are on the mutual understanding of two or more physicists, must necessarily underpin whatever they put in the textbooks, surely?

So the laws of mutual understanding must underpin whatever they (plural, so scientists) call the laws of physics).

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins