Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE:death...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on November 17, 1999 02:27:30 UTC

"It's interesting to know how long it took God to create the universe...and how He did it. : Or, I guess for athiests and others it's good to theorize IF God did really create a universe..for whatever reason they do that...seems like if they don't believe in God ...what's the point. : THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS...ALL OF US ARE GOING TO BE DEAD AND BURIED WITHIN A FEW YEARS ANYWAY...10, 20, 30, 40, 50 YEARS...THERE IS NO WAY YOU'RE GOING TO GET OUT OF IT YOU AND I WILL DIE..AS SURE AS WE WERE BORN...."BIBLE SAYS IT'S APPOINTED UNTO MEN ONCE TO DIE...AFTER THAT THE JUDGEMENT" THE SOUL WILL LIVE ETERNALLY SOMEWHERE...HEAVEN..OR HELL....THAT'S A FACT..AND BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHEN WE FIND OUT THE REAL TRUTH OF THE WHOLE MATTER..WHICH IM SURE WE'LL KNOW AFTER WE DIE...BIBLE SAYS NOW WE KNOW IN PART WE SEE IN PART..AND LOOK THRU A GLASS DARKLY...BUT AFTER DEATH...THEN FACE TO FACE WITH THE CREATOR.....SOME MAY DIE TOMORROW...TONIGHT...OR THE NEXT DAY...BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO ARGUE THAT POINT...WHAT EVER YOU "BELIEVE" TO BE TRUE THEN WILL BE SWIPED AWAY...AND IN A 100 YEARS....NOBODY WILL KNOW OUR NAME ...ANYWAY.....DUST IN THE WIND....CREATED FROM DUST AND TO DUST WE WILL RETURN...THE INGREDIENTS IN OUR BODY PROVE THAT.....MY QUESTION...ARE WE READY TO D I E.....FIND A WAY OUT OF IT.....WE'RE FLESH AND BONE...WITH A SOUL......WE ARE MERELY MEN....AND GOD IS GOD AND WILL ALWAYS BE GOD.....AND THERE IS NOTHING MEN CAN DO TO STOP THAT....PROVE TO ME THERE IS NO GOD...PROVE TO ME THE BIBLE IS A LIE....AND I'LL FLOOD YOU WITH TESTIMONY AFTER TESTIMONY THAT HE IS ALIVE AND WELL AND ANSWERS PRAYER.....MIRACLE AFTER MIRACLE THAT DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS CANNOT EXPLAIN....REJECT THEM IF YOU WISH....SO MANY PEOPLE CAN'T BE TELLING A LIE....SO MANY PEOPLE GAVE THEIR LIVES...TO STAND FOR CHRIST...TO STAND FOR THE TRUTH...OF GODS SALVATION PLAN THRU HIS SON....60,000,000 MILLION CHRISTIANS HAVE DIED FROM CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION SINCE CHRIST WAS TAKEN UP INTO HEAVEN.......INQUISITIONS...PERSECUTIONS....TORTURES... ..AND A L L HAD THIS TESTIMONY THAT THEY WERE SAVED AND WERE GOING TO A BETTER PLACE....THAT WE WERE JUST PILGRIMS ON A JOURNEY IN THIS WORLD ...ALL TWELVE DISCIPLES...TORTURED AND KILLED....ALL THE WRITTERS/SCHOLARS WHO INTERPRETED THE SCRIPTURES (39) CHECKED AND RECHECKED AND COMPARED INTERPRETATIONS......AND ALL 39 WE'RE STRANGELY PUT TO DEATH...BECAUSE THE MYSTERY OF INIQUITY WORKS ON THE EARTH TO DAY AS SPOKEN ABOUT BY PAUL...SATAN'S KINGDOM...SATAN'S EMPIRE IN THIS ATMOSPHERE ON THE EARTH....AND HE DON'T WANT ANYONE TO BELIEVE IN JESUS...OR THE BIBLE...REASON FOR SO MANY VERSIONS OF BIBLES. NOT MANY COME FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS.....GREEK TEXTUS RECEPTUS...AND HEBREW WRITINGS....MOST OR ALL OF THE OTHER VERSIONS LEAVE OUT KEY SCRIPTURES....LIKE ALEXANDER DID WHEN HE HAD THE SCRIPTURES FROM THE APOSTLES REWRITTEN TO FIT HIS LIFE STYLE......AND RELIGION... : I KNOW...THE SCEPTICS WILL COME AND TRY TO SHOOT THE WHOLE THING DOWN BY TRYING TO DISPROVE THE WORD OF GOD...WHICH THEY'LL NEVER DO....AND CALL US FOOLS...IDIOTS...PEASANTS....SIMPLETONS....BUT I CHALLENGE ANYONE ON THIS FORUM....TO JUST DO IT...LIKE SO MANY OTHERS WHO DIDN'T KNOW GOD... A HINDU I KNOW...FOR ONE...CRIED OUT WITH ALL HIS HEART "WHERE IS THE LORD GOD OF JACOB AND OF ABRAHAM" " ARE YOU THERE?" "DO YOU HEAR ME" "PLEASE ANSWER ME...I HAVE TO KNOW FOR MY OWN SOULS SAKE" "IF THERE IS A GOD OUT THERE WHO CARES ABOUT ME AND LOVES ME..PLEASE ANSWER ME"....AND HE DID....ANOTHER MAN..LOCKED UP IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT....NO WAY TO SEE DAYLIGHT NO WAY OUT....EVER..N O CHANCE OF PROBATION...NO WAY OF ESCAPE...DOOMED ....HEARD THE MESSAGE OF CHRIST ON A TV...NEVER BELIEVED...NEVER WANTED TO...BLAPHEMER...MURDERER OF MANKIND....TOTALLY GODLESS...BROKEN DOWN WITH NOTHING TO LIVE FOR...SIMPLY SAID "GOD IF YOU'RE REALLY THERE...IF YOU CAN SAVE ME...IF YOU CAN HELP ME...PLEASE GOD...I'VE DONE WRONG..I'VE NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED YOU FOR ANYTHING...I NEVER CARED FOR ANYTHING....IF YOU CAN HELP ME...IF YOU CAN SAVE ME ..IF THERE IS ANYTHING REAL ABOUT YOU AND CHRIST PLEASE HEAR ME AND SAVE ME...I HUMBLE MY SELF BEFORE YOU...I HAVE NOTHING LEFT...GOD SAVED HIM....AND MIRACOUSLY IN A VERY SHORT TIME WAS DELIVERED FROM PRISON....GOD TRIES TO WIN EVERYONE OVER BY LOVE AND PATIENCE.."BY LETTING THE RAIN FALL ON THE JUST AND UNJUST" BUT I CHALLENGE ANYONE HERE ...IF YOU CAN...ABSOLUTELY SINCERELY IN YOUR HEART...ASK GOD HUMBLY AS YOU KNOW HOW...MEANING IT...WITH ALL YOUR HEART...LIKE SO MANY FOLKS HAVE DONE...YOU'LL GET YOUR ANSWER.."

You may have noticed, that I am a self proclaimed skeptic. Honestly, I've never had the patience to read any of your posts until now. I don't doubt your sincerity on the issue, but I do doubt the existence of God. What all your examples show, is that in each case, the person WANTED to find God. Did they actually find a divine being? The power of suggestion is a powerful thing. If you want to find it, chances are, you will, whether or not it actually is legitamite.

Furthermore, you have acknowledge what God can do if one repents. BUT, what about all the injustices that occur in the world to innocent people. Would the sort of God you speak of allow such atrocity for them?

If you only quoted the bible just a tad less (or better yet not at all), I think the people of this forum would let down their defences. Remember, atheists can be just as close minded as theists, so once they see - the bible says this: etc, etc... That's an instant turn off. They think (and I thought) "here's another fundamentalist fanatic." You don't need the bible to get your point across. On a forum like this it hampers your credibility. I need to know that the thoughts being expressed in the post are indeed yours (more like this one) and not the bible's.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins