Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Errr... No And Well Yes.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on May 17, 2002 02:39:11 UTC

Yeah another creationist!
Ack!!! Wrong interpretations!!!!

"The world was filled with water and the boat was "lifted above the earth" - all the way into outer space where we would be safe from the destruction. It is all there in the bible - the greatest story ever told."

Nope Noah didn't go into space. His boat floated above the land on the sea. There is no scriptual support for this opinion. Infact there is support for being on the ocean:

"And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters." Gen 18 KJV

or

"As the waters rose higher and higher above the ground, the boat floated safely on the surface." Gen 18 NLT (New living Translation)

or

"And the waters prevailed, and increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters." Gen 18 ASV (American Standard Version)

As you can see the Ark floated on the waters not above them.

"The Ark held every sort of animal, all the species were present and all man of today came from Noah and his family. It says so in the bible."

The bible never uses the word species, but kind, which is something completly different. Also if God makes something just because it can change or adapt to it's enviroment doesn't make it less perfect. Infact it would be stupid to make something with compelty unchangeable DNA. Other wise a dog could only survive in one climate, but God made it perfect, allowing it to survive in many climates.

"There you have it. God made the sun to see during the day and the moon gives off its own light during the night. They are both stars in the sky for us. It is perfect - day and night."

Yep, eccept He doesn't call them stars, He calls them lights, everything else he calls stars.

"All fossils and the appearance of age were put there by the devil to test our faith."

What??? NO. BAD!!! There is no scipture to support this at all. God killed all of those animals in the flood. DO NOT give the devil credit for the punishment of GOD. Satan didn't creat this, it is here to shows how much God hates Sin!

Look at this verse and you will see what I mean.

"I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things." Isaiah 45:7

See this proves God uses both Evil and Good to help him. He even creates it to suit his purposes. After all people often ask why a loving God would let that happen to some one. It isn't to tempt them, but to test them. That is why he allows evil to happen, because this whole world is just a giant testing ground for the next life.

"Pollution is not happening because we are divinely inspired to accomplish industury."

What no we are not. Yes it does happen. Give me a barel of toxic waste and I will prove pollution does occur byt throwing it in to a pond of fish. Let us see how long they live!!! God gave domain to the earth to us, when we sinned it went to Satan, when Christ died it went back to God. The fact is humans make mistakes and to asume we don't pollute is just wrong.

A note to Stormcrow and Darwinpoodle: If this is the beliefs you run into, no wonder you think we are crazy. The Guy is just plain wrong and has takens the scriptures out of context.

To Cliff: No offense man, but you are wrong about somethings. Don't worry go to www.drdino.com to see the latest creationist theory. I still like you. Just because you are wrong doesn't mean anything is bad about you. I's just like thinking that the Rapture will come durring or after the Tribulation. It is a wrong interpretation, it doesn't mean that you are a bad person.

May God Bless You.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins