Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wait A Minute Mr. Kc2gwx

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Cliff Riley on May 16, 2002 17:19:38 UTC

There is no change in organisms!! How dare you contradict the bible like that. Show me where it says in the bible that species are able to mutate and change over time. Even if it is this so called "microevolution". I don't think the bible says that word anywhere. Why are you trying to change the story of creation? It is perfect. Let me quote you some scripture.

"Genesis 1:24 - And God said, let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and the beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so"

Where does it say these things change, even slightly, in that verse. The bible is literal and you cannot interpret it the way you want. This is not a cafeteria line where you can pick and choose the scriptures you believe and don't believe. Quit interpreting the bible to fit your soft christian beliefs. I believe the earth to be the same today as it has been for 6,000 years. No change in animals or plants has occured and if it did then the whole bible could be wrong. The bible is not wrong about anything. God made it perfect and unchanging.

Pollution is not happening at all. Why would you say that it is? We have the God given right to treat the earth as we see fit. We have dominion over all the life and non-life of the planet. If it is pollution then it doesn't matter anyway because the believers will be taken care of. Pollution implies imperfection in the world. We are doing right by gathering resources from all around the world and selling them for profit. Money and God are obviously on the same page. Turning profits and being "fruitful" is what the world is supposed to be about while we are here. God will take care of the details in the afterlife. The earth is a stopping ground for us.

"Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, an replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish in the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living that moveth upon the earth"

That says it all - we are divinely inspired to dominate and master the earth as we see fit (provided it is in accordance with the almighty's laws and regulations). We must populate the earth until man is everywhere and we must exploit the earth's resources to take care of ourselves. They are there for us - God will take care of the rest.

You are like the rest - you talk a good game but in the end you are only in it for selfish reasons. You don't really take the bible literally. If you did you wouldn't believe in this microevolution garbage or the pollution scam. Everything the bible says is true and absolute. If you think otherwise then you are not a man of the bible and might as well be an EVILutionist!! I hope you will see the light of God's will, for it will be done on earth as it is in the pearly gates of heaven. I know it will be a shiny and puffy place. Full of pleasures and treasures for the true believers. Make sure you don't go to hell where the fire is scorching and the devil will poke you with a pitch fork for every sin you committed.

See ya around like a doughnut
Cliff Riley

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins