Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Response

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on May 15, 2002 23:04:39 UTC

"Do you believe that our atmosphere has changed?"

Yes

"Do you believe that organisms respond to their environments?"

Yes

"Do you burn in the sun?"

Yes

"Are you vulnerable to virus attacks?"

Yes

"Just because transitional fossils are not in the abundance that you want does that mean they didn't exist. Do you even understand how rare fossils are?"

Yes, but the problem is that even with all the fossils they are basically the same species that we have seen before, or are new species that are not links. We should have yet to find one Linking fossils between in the major holes, don't you think that is odd? Not one. Not a single one.

"What kind of circumstances have to be in place to find them, let alone create them. Fossil hunting is relatively in its infancy."

After all this time? How long is this infancy? Look at the other feilds there knowledge has incressed by thousands of times since the beginning of the century. Why should this be different for the fossil field?

You will not have that as an arguement for long. Fossils are turning up everyday to fill in the gaps - just wait!!

We have been waiting for 140 years. Darwin said all we would have to do is just look. How much longer must we wait? I'll wait, but I don't have forever and neither to evolutionists. Eventually people will want these fossils. In my opion if they don't find any fossils within the next 200 years the theory will be abondoned, for something better. I will wait and if some comes up I won't ignore it!

"I think we need people like you to scrutinize scientific discovery."

Hey. I like this thinking. I obviuosly need you to scrutinize my faith as well. Other wise it would really be accepted by all, and then it wouldn't go any where. Look at science, if no one questoin the standard belief, there would be no new theories.

"I just get upset when you close your mind to what is logical and rational."

I don't in my mind. The question is what is logic and what is a rational mind. People have different opions on this.

"I accept your belief in God."

I accept the fact that you can beleive in evolution.

"You are magnifying the shortcomings of science to glorify your own beliefs. You are presenting things to disprove evolution rather than support creationism."

Please if I'm only attacking your belief and not defending mine let me know. I hate it when other people do this to me and I do not want to do this to other people.

"If discrediting evolution is your objective then fine - I support that because it is part of the scientific process."

Of course that is my goal, but I also want to show you evidence for my belief.

"Just don't hide behind the bible."

I will use it as a sword!!! ;-) I will also look at the evidence from all sources. Just because I quote from the bible doesn't make it any worse than you qouting from Origin of Species.

"Our scientific knowledge is flawed, but improving with each day."

Sometimes it does other does it doesn't. After all if evolution is wrong, then what a waste of time and lives. If the Bible is wrong, then what a waste of time and lives.

"You are circumventing the scientific process by including God in your equation."

I don't think so because if God exists then shouldn't he be included?

"It just isn't science and I wish some other fine people in this forum who understand the nature of science would step in here with me."

Stepping in.

"For the record, I believe in God and I am a spiritual person."

Well the beleif of God is a good thing, but it doesn't mean much on Judgement Day unfortunatly.

"I hope we can both take something positive away from this dialouge."

Me too.

May God Bless You.
Every Day

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins