Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Know

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 15, 2002 14:30:35 UTC

"1) Do you have any arguments for the distance of stars other than your vague "There might be an unknown principle" argument? If not, don't you view that as a mile-wide chink in your armor?"

Do you view the lack of transitional fossils a mile-wide chink in you armor? :)

"2) You dodged my question on strata. I asked you why certain species only exist in certain strata, and why life gets simpler the deeper we dig. You responded with "the strata is not uniform all over" and didn't address the major points. Why does life seem to get simpler the deeper [further back in time] we go?"

Sorry about that. I've been responding to so many post, I've kinda forgotten some.

About strata. You are partially correct in saying
that these life forms are simpler when we go down.
I say partially because the farthest down we find
fossils (Cambrian, Pre-cambrian), those fossils are still AMAZINGLY complex. Here is a quote to show what I mean:

"In the Cambrian geological strata there occurs a sudden, great outburst of fossils of animals on a highly developed level of complexity. In the Cambrian rocks are found billions of fossils of animals so complex that the evolutionists estimate they would have required one and a half billion years to evolve. Trilobites, brachiopods, sponges, corals, jellyfish, in fact every one of the major invertebrate forms of life are found in the Cambrian. What is found in rocks supposedly older than the Cambrian, that is in the so-called pre-Cambrian rocks? Not a single indisputable fossil! Certainly it can be said without fear of contradiction, the evolutionary predecessors of the Cambrian fauna have never been found.

Axelrod, a geologist and an evolutionist, has written:

"One of the major unsolved problems of geology and evolution is the occurrence of diversified, multi-cellular marine invertebrates in Lower Cambrian rocks and their absence in rocks of greater age. These Early Cambrian fossils included porifera, coelenterates, brachiopods, mollusca, echinoids, and arthropods. Their high degree of organization clearly indicates that a long period of evolution preceded their appearance in the record. However, when we turn to examine the pre-Cambrian rocks for the forerunners of these Early Cambrian fossils, they are nowhere to be found. Many thick (over 5000 feet) sections or sedimentary rock are now known to lie in unbroken succession below strata containing the earliest Cambrian fossils. These sediments apparently were suitable for the preservation of fossils because they are often identical with overlying rocks which are fossiliferous, yet no fossils are found in them"

3) You still haven't answered my questions on Noah.

Coming up soon in a new thread.

"That's all I have off the top of my head. If you can deal with over a third of these, I'll be impressed."

You got to admit, I'm close! :) KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2021 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins